mercredi 31 janvier 2018

feminism and expatriation

Hey crew 

 

I wanted to give you a little more details about our futur departure for Korea.

Travels and us

  • Those who know us, know that we are a traveling couple... since we know each other, in two years, we never stoppeds traveling as much as we can! most of the time we're going together but it happens that we go with friends or alone.

  • Those who know him, know that he already lived abroad in South africa and in Indonesia so he is used to the expat life, just as me, he already travelled in South Korea and loved it... 

  • Those who know me, know that I always wanted to live abroad and that I've always been a huge fan of Japan and Korea but I've been stuck with law school and my major that isn't the best when it comes to work out of france...

When I met M. he has just been back from Indonesia and was pretty sure that he would stay in france for the rest of his life but I always knew he would change his mind and to be honnest it was scary for me as I though I could not follow him.

BUT summer 2017 was really hard on me, the all year actually was pretty crap so when he said

"look, let's leave France, come with me, if you don't want to, I'm not going but if you say yes, I'll apply for a job"

Something changed in my head.

TravelCouple en puissance et Instagrameuse à la dérive

  The decision


SO I told you, I always wanted to leave, and at that moment I knew that it would be enough for me to be by his side to find the strengh to take the risk.

I said yes...

In september, M applied for a job in Korea and Vietnam, we had to wait until january to know that boh of the choices were accepted and to choose (in a sec) Korea. 

Nothing was wrong, except... feminism.  

  Why feminism?


I have my woman pride, that wwas the only delicate thing in this story

I was born in feminism, raised in it... I shall be a strong independent women...

Because of this I always fough to do as much as my love partners, but in this situation we are leaving with M's job, so his money... of course I will be looking for a job but god knows when and what I will found....

and that was hard. 

I had to work on me a lot,  because in théory I knew that it would be stupid to lose this opportunity for an idea that isn't even feminism. the most important thing is that I chose to follow him, that I know he would still treat me as his equal even if I do not find a job or something.


feminism is about having the choice, and being able to switch positions... maybe one day I'll be the one earning more money than M and that day he will rely on me and it would be just as good as our situation today. that is feminism. the power to chose.



YP
Corée M-8

PS :  next stape is taking korean classes in paris


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire